Wednesday, March 01, 2006

And it starts here...

So here it is...the whole point of postdivision will be one: I will write the job titles that I carry out every day where I work. See, I work for a post production system developer in Geneva. I've been with them for a while now (this is actually the second resurrection of the company after they went "bust" in 2001).
My job descriptions here vary from day to day so I thought it would be interesting keep a journal of them.

Today, for instance, I have carried out the following:


Application Designer
- If anyone actually ends up reading this, you'll be seeing alot of this job. Today I followed up on the development of my "baby" - a subtitling tool for our digital intermediate system.I've been dealing with designing tools for quite some time, but I can safely say that when I started on
Subtitle, I decided to do it right. Not a single line of code was written by Suzanne (one of our developers) until I figured out exactly what subtitle will and will not do. Three weeks later and after about 2 dozen interface layouts, flowcharts and feature lists, the actual development started. Let me tell you, it pays to take a crap-load of time to design.


Photographer/Photo Retouching - This is something I don't get to do very often. We needed a packshot photo of MATRIX and I'm the only one with a respectable digital camera (my trusty Kodak DX4530). So we set up all the system components in an empty meeting room and I took some snaps.

Afterwards came the fun part. Touching up the photos in Photoshop. I basiclly took away everything but the system components and beautified the photos a bit. See below...


Anyways, tired now...me sleepy. Time to get out of here... à demain.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home