Monday, March 06, 2006

Press(ure) Release...

I think I've probably repeated this phrase to myself over a hundred times in the last few days:

"I hate commercial writing and worse yet, writing press releases"

There is no particular reason for hating them - it's just that I'm probably the most laconic person I know except for Andy off Little Britain (pictured right). I hate dragging on about things. Sadly, I am required to do this to promote our company's product. In the process of battering readers' brains about how great our product is, I have gone completely mental - every time I sit done to write, my brain bleeds in trying not to make a press release that's three or four words long ("Our product rules." or "We are the best.")...

Press Liason - Nevertheless, today I managed to write two (actually, one-and-a-half) respectable press releases. I haven't posted them yet because they need be cleared by the partners. I've once again met my deadline.

Copywriter - Another task I loath is writing content for our brochures. This is much worse than writing press releases because there is a zillion times more to write. With brochures, It seems that I have a permanent case of writer's block. Anyway, I've started writing the brochure for the NAB. It's a bit overdue because I've been distracted by all the other things that have to be done.

Miscellaneaous - Popped a couple of press photos on the site and corrected some tech info errors.

Basecamp - Speaking of deadlines, I finally decided (or actually, had a chance) to have a look at 37Signals products. Their product line comprises five easy-to-use, web-based applications that are meant to help workgroups increase internal communication and manage projects. I decided to go for a free demo and let me tell you - I was well impressed at how simple and very effective they can be for freelancers as well as project groups. Well done...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home