Friday, March 10, 2006

Training Day

Don't be put off by the title. It's actually more like "Training Week". As if I didn't have enough on my plate until the NAB, I now have to train a person on our system. I don't usually mind training people - this guy is actually quite motivated and learns quickly. It's great because we were talking over lunch and I was explaining what I do for the company. I'm glad he shares my opinion that I should be on much more money than what I'm on now.The problem is that our new workstations are stuck in customs (quelle surprise) and I have graciously given my workstation to my trainees - not allowing me to work on my beloved press releases and brochure. I smell a very close finish for the brochure...

Trainer - It's actually quite intresting doing this training. This guy has never used our system before but he's really enthusiatic and progressing rapidly. This is where I realize that documentation is super-important. I shamefully say that we have no user manual for this thing.

Human Resources - Today I have to interview a person that's applied for a graphic artist position. I haven't really interviewed anyone before so I guess I'll steal a couple of questions from people that interviewed me. Until now, I have been the one doing all the layout and publishing work so a little help would be welcome. The most important thing, for me, is that whoever gets the job can take direction (from me) and pull their weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home