Sunday, March 19, 2006

Pressure Rising...

Seeing how it's been a while since I posted, I've realized that this has probably been the toughest week I've had in a while - at least since the website when live earlier this year. There's so much to do and so little time to do it in...

Trainings - One of my trainees has come and gone this week. I'd like to think that my training him was fruitful, but I have my doubts. The tools that were supposed to be working did not. It's an embarrassing situation to be in when the product that is supposed to be the answers to a filmmaker prayers isn't doing what it's supposed to. Not much for the confidence, especially before a big show.

Manager - My new helper/graphic designer started Tuesday this week without me being told in advance. This is also quite stressing and embarrassing because I had nothing for him to do and no workstation or software to do it on. I temporarily put him on a colleague's computer which is running on a P3 866Mhz and had a 6GB drive or something ridiculous like that. Not very handy for running Photoshop and Illustrator CS2. Upon the return of the colleague, I had no choice but to send him home to work on his computer. I wonder what it feels like to start a new job like this? To make matters worse, there is no sign of having a workstation for this poor sausage any time soon.

I think this week is going to be a bit of the same..........great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home