Friday, July 21, 2006

Around the World in Two Weeks - Mexico City Day 2

Woke up at 8am today to my first moring in Mexico City. It looks very different in the daytime - much less intimidating. Since I woke up early, I decided to take a walk around the area and find a coffee place.

After a breakfast of pineapple, papaya and melon (lots of it), I started to circle around "la zona rosa". It was weird because it was around 9:30 and very few shops were open. I bought a lock for my suitcase and a coffee at a Starbucks-esque place in a mall near by. I was surprised to see a security guard armed with a shotgun as I stepped up to the cashier. Apparently they were getting ready to transport some cash out of there. You can never be too careful here.

After my stroll, I went back to the hotel until Chuck came to pick us up. 20 minutes later and after a some craaaaazy driving, we arrived at the offices of Serbromex. It's quite a cool setup - a long office with two levels. The top level is the administrative area and the bottom level is a suite for MATRIX. Before getting started, Chuck took us out for breakfast (more fruit and coffee for me) and then to a great fruit juice place where you can mix ANYTHING into a juice. I had a BrasiliƱa - mango, banana, strawberry and some red fruits. While our juices were being prepared, the old man at the counter fixed us some "cocktails".
  1. A melon and alfalfa mix
  2. A fruit salad with banana, melon, granola and honey.
  3. Cactus (prickly pear) juice - very nice!
Now I'm at Serbromex waiting for MATRIX to free up so we (myself, Guillaume, Jonathan and Sandra) can start with some training. The rest of the crew have gone to Labofilms with Chuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home