Sunday, July 23, 2006

Around the World in Two Weeks - Mexico City Day 3

Not feeling well last night, I went to bed early to rest a bit. I got up this morning feeling the same, if not worse. I ate my breakfast of pineapple, papaya and melon with a bit of scrambled eggs and coffee at around 9:30 and proceeded to walk around the "zona rosa" while waiting for my colleagues. I ran into Guillaume from Serbromex in a CD shop not far from the hotel. I looked at some CDs and joind him at Starbucks for a coffee. He went off to the office and I continued to walk around.

Minding the time, I sent messages to my colleagues asking if there was a plan for today. After getting no answer, I continued to walk around looking at shops and such. I was feeling much worse at this point with a runny nose and splitting headache. Still with no sign of my colleagues (usually we meet at 11am and it was now almost 4pm), I decided to head back to the hotel to get my laptop and take a cab to Serbromex. On my way down from the room, I spotted them sitting in the lobby. It appeared that Charles would be picking us up soon so we sat at a cafe where I had a lemon tea.

Chuck appeared about a half-hour later with his girlfriend Neyda and we all went out for a bite at Vips, a local chain of dinner-style resaurants. I had a nice soup with chicken, vegetagles and cheese (Tlalpenho).

After lunch, it was time to go to the office (at 17:30!?!?). I was not feeling well at all by now so I stayed in my room with a cup of lemon tea while the others went.

Took a couple of Panadols and slept like like a log...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home